Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While the board has been active, I've noticed a major decrease in quality of its contents. It's my job to point this out because it's detrimental to the board, and I would be failing as a moderator if I didn't ask two members in particular - who will surely know who they are - to keep the spam down.

Like I'm always saying, the board is not about quantity, but quality.

This is quality:

- A post, short or long, which contains NEW information which is USEFUL for others.

This is NOT quality:

- A daily "I'm at xxxx" posting, when it's always the same over and over, without anything new
    - A daily "How I hate xxxx" posting (outside fun, original, long rant with new points on why it sucks)
    - An "Awesomecoolness!" posting on everything that's moderately bearable (no matter how nice it is - and we appreciate it, it gets old fast)

As you may have noticed, most of our members haven't been too active lately. This is a sign that the board is getting less interesting. Even the random insanity recently posted in the appropiate threads is not nearly as fun as it was a few months ago; now it's just plain random suckage.

The !OT forced rule was created just to cut the spamfest out, but as a result now we have the !OT threads pushed down and the only threads that are really active are the non-!OT spam threads. (I have to say !OT has been honored though, and I'm thankful for this.)

Therefore, I urge you to stop the above mentioned practice for the sake of the board, and encourage you to engage in serious discussion of about anything you like. You won't find many boards with such a wide range of topics as ours; in my opinion there's no need to keep posting random crap to the same old threads over and over.

Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hm, I'll try Wise, but believe me, it's not easy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, it is easy.

If you have nothing meaninful to say, then don't post at that time. It's simple.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*sigh* Okay, okay, I give up...
    This board worth me enough to look after it's quality.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ December 10, 2004 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just imagine you have a post limit of 20 a day. Make those 20 count; too often have i seen you and HK having a conversation with each other, which could much more efficiently be achieved through an IM service, or via telephone. Me, OCB and Xhell dont bother to talk to each other on the granaboard, because we're not here for each other, we're here to talk with the people who we cant usually contact.

Another thing about message boards is that its a much more permanent form of communication; what you post will be open for all else to see, and represents the attitude of the entire board. Its not like a Instant Message service, where you can spontaneously make a reply, close the window and forget about it. A post on a message board can take anything between 5 minutes and a week to think over, not just a few seconds.

We've never before had problems regarding this since we all seem to have picked up on this style of posting automatically, its like an unwritten rule, and as such, its difficult to explain to newcomers without making them feel unwelcome. To be blunt, if you find this type of posting too hard to adhere to, then it'd be for the best if you left. However, I want the both of you to stay, not because you provide increased activity, but because your fellow gamers who have opinions and creative ideas to share, which ive seen from the both of you in the past.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ December 10, 2004 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sigh, you're right Cata, I'll try to avoid these things, but pls gimme some time

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ December 10, 2004 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Hell Knight ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT HK(1): Hm, I'll try Wise, but believe me, it's not easy.

Thanks, and it is, like Xellos said. It's not like you're forced to post "Today was awesomecool!!11one"; in fact it's easier not to.

IRT Dreamer: This board worth me enough to look after it's quality.

I'm glad. Notice how it was of much higher quality a month after you arrived than now. We need to get back to that goodness.

[Worships Cata's post]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's true, instead of saying more or less the same things once and twice, i rather to say something with some content.

I got used to not post pointless things. it's a Bandwidth Saving! XD

And of course, a measure to keep the board interesting, i think is right to ask this.

Never feel forced to post, do it when you think what you say is helpful for the thread.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll get back to that quality, no worries. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll post my comments on the GHZ code:

√ Proper grammar is a requirement.
    Although it should not be a strict requirement because English is not everybody's primary language, and we might want to post some intentional crap in random insanity, especially when we want something to sound stupid.

? Do not start a topic to introduce yourself.
    New members are so rare, I wouldn't mind; and this is a topicless community board, so I think it'd be alright.

√ Spam: it's not just for lunch (but it should be).
    Definitely.

√ Make sure your mom/wife/boss isn't looking.
    Or, if she/he's looking, make sure it'll be ok with her/him.

? We won't ban you, but we will call you names.
    Well, we WILL ban you here ^_^ But only for really serious, repeated offenses.

√ Nobody wants to see your signature.
    I agree. In fact I'm thinking of removing mine.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ December 25, 2004 04:27 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast